Tuesday night June 17th, 2014 the Village Idiots Cycling Club is hosting a skills and drills clinic. Cyclists of all skill levels are welcome to attend. There is no fee. Skills and drills will help you improve your bike handling and group riding skills. Great for beginners to advanced riders and racers. Taught by local coach and cycling expert Zoltan Tisza. Riders are able to park at Tropics Software Technologies. Zoltan has been racing road and cyclocross since he was 11 years old. He’s been head shop mechanic at some of NY’s best bike shops.
• Coaching: 7 years (2 years Team Manager)
• Racing: 15 years (Road, Cyclocross, Track)
• Fitting: 15 years (clients include national champions, triathlon Olympic distance World Cup winner, Ironman World Cup winner)
• Professional mechanic: 14 years
• On/off-season training.
• Program starts with fitting; then, depending on the individual, re-teach pedal stroke and bicycle handling skills, and develop/refine race specifics such as acceleration, sprint, climbing, and intervals.
Specialty as a Racer:
• Overall – with particular interests in Road (sprints, climbing) and Cyclocross
Personal Record (Key Highlights)
– Mountain Budapest Championship: 1st place
– Long Distance Budapest Championship: 1st place
– Long Distance National Championship: multiple podium placements
– Mountain National Championship: multiple podium placements
– 100 km Team Time Trial: 4th place
– Pont Race National: multiple podium placements
– 3000 m Individual Time Trial: 6th place
– Cyclocross Budapest Championship: 1st place (2x)
– Cyclocross National Championship: multiple podium placements
• International Grand Prix
– Hajuboszormeny Grand Prix Team: 1st place